Perpetually in beta
Five wacky Wednesday wrap-ups
by Nicole Lee
- Slow day — Work slowed down to a crawl today. Ended up uploading photos to Flickr and sending emails. And, uh, blogging.
- SXSWi 2006 — Damn, I need to start planning for this thing. There’s this whole entry about me on their site. Man.
- Free burrito — That’s what I got today for lunch. Waited in line at a new Taco Del Mar restaurant near the office, and the queue went out the door. Toughed it out, came up to the cashier, and the register broke down right there and then. As they were futzing about trying to fix it, the crew felt bad about leaving me waiting, so they gave me my burrito for free. Score!
- Empty office — I’m at the office at 7 pm right now, and it is hauntingly quiet. Creepy. (I’m waiting to go to a shindig later).
- Funeral for the Powerbook — And this is the said shindig. We will be piling up our now-obsolete laptops and virtually burn them in a virtual pyre. And sing virtual Viking songs. Or just drink beer. I’m voting for the latter. Join the crew if you’ll be around.