Five lazy Sunday ruminations
by Nicole Lee
- Americanized Chinese food — I still find a lot of it terribly heinous, but it can actually be quite tasty, and will do in a pinch. This is especially the case when you’re too sick and too tired to get out of the house, but still desire the taste of a good wonton soup. Chinese food delivery, it is teh awesome. You know what would be even more awesome? Malaysian food delivery. Oh hells yeah.
- Over 300 channels — And nothing to watch. TiVo is great and all, but I only have a few hours on there, and I’ve watched pretty much most of them (except for a few episodes of Radio Free Roscoe, which I’m saving up for until I have all the remaining episodes. Yes I watch cheesy Noggin teen-dramadies, shut up). Most of our couch time is thus divided up between surfing the following: Cartoon Network, VH1, Food Network, G4, Discovery, HGTV, DiY, and a few other random ones that catch our eyes. It’s pathetic really. I should be catching up on my reading.
- iPod bubble — I’ve recently taken up iPod-listening again, mostly due to how ridiculously portable my new nano is. And it is amazing how much easier it makes my daily commute. I take the bus and train a lot, and the one thing that always makes me horribly fidgety and impatient is all that waiting. But listening to my iPod just lets me tune out and enjoy the tunes/podcasts. Time literally flies by, also when walking for multiple blocks. As a public transit commuter, I don’t know if I can live without it now.
- Three-day weekends — We need more of them. Lots more of them.
- Home improvement — There’s much afoot here in the Hanvey household. We’re planning on a few hefty kitchen improvements, and the following is my wishlist: 1) Move in the washer/dryer from the basement, 2) Clear room for a larger fridge, 3) Add in a pantry somewhere, 4) More storage, 5) More counter space. It remains to be seen how the heck all this will be done, but I’m already planning on setting aside some cashola for the renovations.
And there you go, yet another five thunks. Decided to go bullets instead of numbered since there really isn’t a prioritization thing going on here. Anyway, I have some plans on how to spend my Monday off (I’m thinking shopping) but we’ll see.